Everyone’s child is at risk of exploitation – at any age, anytime, anywhere
Child sexual exploitation
Child sexual exploitation (CSE) is a type of abuse in which children are sexually exploited for money, power or status.
Parents are often the first to notice something is wrong. Trust your instincts and talk to your child if you’re worried.
Some things to think about:
- do they have a boyfriend, girlfriend, or friends including adults who you don’t know?
- have you noticed them getting presents, money, a mobile phone or jewellery and you don't know where it came from?
- have they been missing from home, staying out overnight or missing school?
- do they get picked up or dropped off by unknown people?
- are they secretive about where they go and who they see?
- do they chat to people online who they’ve never met?
- do you know what they’re accessing online?
- are they drinking or taking drugs regularly?