Worried about a child

If you are worried about a child's wellbeing, there are different ways of getting help depending on what you need. 

If you need urgent help, visit our Get help or report abuse webpage.

What to do if you are a parent or carer

The NSSCP works with partners across North Somerset to get you the support you need.

Understanding what child abuse is and how to prevent it is the crucial first step in ensuring the safety of children. Our area for parents and carers is designed to give you the information you need. You can also use:

Early Help

Early Help means using the community of support around your family to make sure small problems don't become big problems. It's a way for families, children and young people of any age to get help as early as possible.

SEND Local Offer

North Somerset Council’s SEND Hub (Local Offer) provides information and support for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) people aged 0-25. The hub has lots of useful guidance and a dedicated area for supporting parents and carers. 

You also have access to help around the clock through North Somerset Children’s Services, Care Connect, the Emergency Duty Team, the police, and our integrated care board.

Care Connect

Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm.

Out of hours calls will be automatically directed to an out of hours team who will redirect you to an appropriate service.

What to do if you are a professional or practitioner

Visit our Practitioners and professionals area for specific information.