How can I get help

Safeguarding is about protecting children, young people, and adults at risk from abuse or neglect. We hope the information we have provided is helpful to you. 

If you have concerns or are scared about the way you or someone you know is being treated, don’t bottle it up. Tell someone - a parent, teacher, friend or you can report it anonymously through our contact number below. 

If you have ANY concerns about possible abuse it MUST be reported by calling our Child Protection Team on 01275 888 808.

If a child or young person is in immediate danger, then please dial 999 and ask for police assistance.

Places to go for support

If someone has hurt you, or someone (a child or adult) has done something that makes you feel upset or scared, tell somebody. It is important for you to get the support and protection you need.

There are two ways you can contact someone for help

  • the council's Single Point of Access Team
  • Childline

You don't have to give us your name if you don't want to.

Single Point of Access team

Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Ask to speak to the duty social worker.


More information is available on the Childline website. All calls are free and confidential.